By enrolling in our karate classes, you agree to comply with these terms and conditions. We also reserve the right to update/amend these terms.
Enrollment and Registration:
- All students must complete the registration process and provide accurate personal information.
- Enrollment is subject to availability, and the school reserves the right to refuse admission.
- Students under the age of 18 must have parental or guardian consent to enroll.
Fees and Payments:
- Fees are spread over a 12 month rolling period and must be paid on time on 1st each month.
- All fees are non-refundable unless otherwise stated.
- The school reserves the right to adjust fees with reasonable notice each month.
- Peristant late payers and non payment of fees will result in termination of membership.
- Fees cover 46 weeks of classes. Children that attend on Mondays and Tuesdays may attend on Wednesdays, Thursdays or Saturdays during the school holidays. If they are unable to do so no refund or adjustment of fees will be made.
Attendance, Punctuality and Closures
- Students are expected to attend classes regularly and arrive on time.
- If a student is unable to attend a class, the school should be notified in advance, if possible.
- Excessive absenteeism or tardiness may result in disciplinary action or loss of privileges.
- Students may use a class pass to attend a different session should there be availability. Please check with Emma before turning up.
- Members have 6 class passes a year of which none are transferable.
- The school runs for 46 weeks a year, closing for 6 weeks. We reserve the right to to take the 6 weeks when we so wish.
Code of Conduct:
- All students must adhere to the code of conduct established by the karate school.
- Respect for instructors, fellow students, and the training facility is mandatory.
- Bullying, harassment, or any form of disruptive behavior will not be tolerated and may result in immediate dismissal.
Health and Safety:
- Students should disclose any pre-existing medical conditions or injuries that may affect their participation in classes.
- Students are responsible for their own safety during training and must follow the instructions of the instructors.
- The school reserves the right to refuse participation to any student deemed unfit for training.
- Students must refrain. from the dojo for 48 hours following any symptoms of sickness and/or diarrhoea
- The karate school and its instructors will not be held liable for any injuries, accidents, or loss of personal property that may occur on the premises.
- Students participate in classes at their own risk and are advised to have appropriate personal insurance coverage.
- The school reserves the right to terminate a student's enrollment at any time for violation of the terms and conditions, misconduct, non-payment of fees, or if they deem the student/teacher or student/family does not support the t and c of the school creating a disharmony.
- In case of termination, no refunds will be provided.
- The school may update or amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
- Notice of any changes will be provided to the enrolled students. By enrolling in our karate classes, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to abide by these terms and conditions. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
- In the unlikely event that classes are cancelled every effort will be made to provide an alternative session, which could be on a different day to their usual session. If they can not make this alternate session no refund will be given.
Code of Conduct
Respect the Dojo and its Rules:
- As a parent, respect the karate school's facilities and rules. Follow any guidelines set by the school regarding behavior, dress code, and attendance.
Support and Encourage Respectful Behavior:
- Teach your child to respect their instructors, fellow students, and the karate school.
- Emphasise the importance of bowing as a sign of respect and following instructions with attentiveness.
Promote Discipline and Consistency:
- Ensure your child attends karate classes regularly and arrives on time.
- Reinforce the value of discipline by supporting them in practicing their techniques and participating in their training with commitment.
- Teach your child to value honesty and integrity.
- Encourage them to be truthful, accountable for their actions, and to demonstrate good moral character both inside and outside the dojo.
- Ensure to arrive at class in a full gi and belt ( during summer we may allow plain white t shirts at our discretion ) with hair tied back and short fingernails
- Help your child approach their karate training with humility. Emphasize that martial arts are a continuous journey of learning and growth, and that they should show respect for others' abilities and knowledge.
Promote Cooperation and Sportsmanship:
- Encourage your child to work together with their fellow students and promote a supportive training environment.
- Discourage negative competition and instead foster sportsmanship, teamwork, and camaraderie.
- Discuss with your child the importance of using their karate skills responsibly and never promoting violence or aggression outside the controlled environment of the dojo. Teach them that self-defense is for protection and should only be used as a last resort.
Support Personal Growth:
- Encourage your child to set goals and work towards self-improvement in their karate training.
- Recognize their efforts and achievements, and provide positive reinforcement to keep them motivated.
- Emphasise the significance of safety during training. Ensure your child understands the importance of listening to their instructors, following proper techniques, and using necessary protective equipment.
Demonstrate Loyalty and Support:
- Show loyalty to your child's karate school by supporting its values and teachings. Attend events, demonstrations, and belt promotion ceremonies.
- Provide encouragement and acknowledge the hard work of both instructors and fellow students.
- By adhering to this code of conduct, parents can contribute to the positive and respectful environment of the karate school while supporting their child's growth and development in the martial arts.